Thursday, August 22, 2013

I am wrong, he can redeem me

As a child I thought I could be
More than the beast I am today
My soul entered winter
And I began to realize
That there is beast inside me
It struggles and fights to escape
It tries to eat my flesh
My heart is dead
Unreachable
So deep within
If judged by my actions
By my eyes I commit rape
By my heart I am a killer
I linger in the madness
Insanity that only I could feel
If I confess
I should be taken in
My life is so surreal
A life full of major sins
My hand was the one
Holding the hammer
That pounded the nails
Into his wrists
I should have gone to jail
But
As the echoes
Of tears I have cried
Come down like rain
I can see his pain
And I confess
My life is over
Jesus forgive me
You can't redeem me
I deserve to burn hell
Or to be sent to a prison cell
And never
No never
Be released