Welcome


I am a poet who has both been published and self published. All work on this blog is all copyright Alex Ness. While I make very little money from my work I am technically a professional. Measuring by the hours I've written I am professional. My goal is to share my work with as many people that can read it, as far as the internet may reach with it. I hope if you are moved you will share this blog with others, and perhaps buy my books.

Whatever the result, thank you for viewing this blog. I cannot express how greatly I appreciate the many people, from many places upon the earth, who have visited.

I bid you peace.

Je ne regrette pas la douleur, car il m'a fait plus forte

copyright notice

copyright notice

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Vanity pulls

Despite the agony
My path is straight
My voice is clear
When I stare deeply
Into the black hole
I become drawn in
By my vanity
Telling me that
I matter
But it is a lie
I am drawn by gravity
Confusing me
Breaking too many times
I've lived too few lives
Too little love
Too little hope
My whole life
Has been toxic
Abject depravity
I am not alive
Unliving isn't living
Blood pumps in my body
Colored red
But I am dead
I am a spirit inhabiting
An emptiness
A cavity
Of flesh
And darkness