Welcome


I am a poet who has both been published and self published. All work on this blog is all copyright Alex Ness. While I make very little money from my work I am technically a professional. Measuring by the hours I've written I am professional. My goal is to share my work with as many people that can read it, as far as the internet may reach with it. I hope if you are moved you will share this blog with others, and perhaps buy my books.

Whatever the result, thank you for viewing this blog. I cannot express how greatly I appreciate the many people, from many places upon the earth, who have visited.

I bid you peace.

Je ne regrette pas la douleur, car il m'a fait plus forte

copyright notice

copyright notice

Monday, November 1, 2010

Tears for the Fallen

Neither mythic or Godlike
Nor legendary heroes
But they are nonetheless
Warriors
Tears for the fallen
Baptize the flag
Caskets wooden
Carry the body bags
Notes inside
To the families
Left behind
Please my love
My children
Remember me
Despite the war
And the enemy
We resist
We will be free
Because we bear
The scars for others
There will be a new day
A day of peace
Our sacrifice is not in vain
This world will see the day
Without the wars
That haunt us now
There is now and
There will be eternity
Because
The world will turn
Endlessly
Spin upon its axis
Regardless of whether we exist
Held aloft upon the back of Atlas
We are amidst it all
For we are warriors
Long ago answered the call
Whether we long to live
Or cannot wait to die
Freedom will be
The air to breathe
Hope gives us strength
All alone perhaps
Yet we persist