Welcome


I am a poet who has both been published and self published. All work on this blog is all copyright Alex Ness. While I make very little money from my work I am technically a professional. Measuring by the hours I've written I am professional. My goal is to share my work with as many people that can read it, as far as the internet may reach with it. I hope if you are moved you will share this blog with others, and perhaps buy my books.

Whatever the result, thank you for viewing this blog. I cannot express how greatly I appreciate the many people, from many places upon the earth, who have visited.

I bid you peace.

Je ne regrette pas la douleur, car il m'a fait plus forte

copyright notice

copyright notice

Saturday, October 30, 2010

CHASE


I chased you through the snow fields
Ran across the crust of white
I saw your prints upon the ground
Your scent embedded in my breath
As if frozen in ice
I would remember you
No matter how long
No matter how far
I’d have to run
To glimpse your face
To be embraced
I would follow you
The icy cold breath
Frozen in my lungs
Running til my chest would burst
The cold made my extremities burn
But I would follow you
Without end
Relentless is my hunger
For your being
I yearn
I will find you
And your kisses
Will be earned