Welcome


I am a poet who has both been published and self published. All work on this blog is all copyright Alex Ness. While I make very little money from my work I am technically a professional. Measuring by the hours I've written I am professional. My goal is to share my work with as many people that can read it, as far as the internet may reach with it. I hope if you are moved you will share this blog with others, and perhaps buy my books.

Whatever the result, thank you for viewing this blog. I cannot express how greatly I appreciate the many people, from many places upon the earth, who have visited.

I bid you peace.

Je ne regrette pas la douleur, car il m'a fait plus forte

copyright notice

copyright notice

Friday, August 13, 2010

Mjöllnir, Hammer of Thor

Lightning and thunder at his command
He is the God of storms
Unbridled power in his hand
Thor is the son of Odin
The champion of the Gods
Of Asgard
In his hand is Mjöllnir
A hammer unlike any other
His enemies cringe in regard
To its power unleashed in throwing
Thor is able without subtlety
To answer any question
To solve any issue
Greater than the finest sword
More powerful than a holy word
Mjöllnir is his weapon
His symbol of power
His holy sigil and ward
And Thor is just
Though able
To be violent
Unceasingly


“Mjöllnir would be able to strike as firmly as he wanted,
whatever his aim, and the hammer would never fail, and
if he threw it at something, it would never miss and never
fly so far from his hand that it would not find its way
back, and when he wanted, it would be so small that it
could be carried inside his tunic.”