Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I WILL SEEK YOU

"The Grail is the womb of the beloved. "
Robert Anton Wilson


I will seek you in the morning
In the fields wet with dew
Where I know your scent
Feel your presence
See just how you move
I will seek you in the daylight
Where the shadows
Are very small
I long to know you
To hear your hallowed call
Your voice would redeem me
If you would receive me
Where your shadows fall
I will seek you in the dusk
The twilight of the day
I am broken by life
I seek to touch your face
Have you hold my body
In tight embrace
You are my hope
You are my holiness
I am dirty
Beyond cleaning
My being cannot even taste
Your beauty
In the evening
When I have searched
Will I find you
Will you end my quest
Will I know you
Will you give me rest
In your presence
Laying my sorrowed head
Upon your chest
In the quiet of the night
Will I find you
Because I am searching
But you never seek
You are there
And I am lost
Without you
Except in my dreams

“We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit.”

E. E. Cummings