Welcome


I am a poet who has both been published and self published. All work on this blog is all copyright Alex Ness. While I make very little money from my work I am technically a professional. Measuring by the hours I've written I am professional. My goal is to share my work with as many people that can read it, as far as the internet may reach with it. I hope if you are moved you will share this blog with others, and perhaps buy my books.

Whatever the result, thank you for viewing this blog. I cannot express how greatly I appreciate the many people, from many places upon the earth, who have visited.

I bid you peace.

Je ne regrette pas la douleur, car il m'a fait plus forte

copyright notice

copyright notice

Monday, October 6, 2008

DARK FUTURE



In the early morning, before the sun has burned off the mists
The ravens fly searching for food, in a land fallen and ruined
So many dead and dismembered, the viscera spills upon the land
Runic symbols of an age left behind, the end has come too soon
Crying out for the loss of hope, the ravens stare at the bones
Of a world ignorant and decayed, mankind’s excess has doomed
Remains and residue forgotten wastelands of humanity
Although once mighty now entombed

The curse of flesh, immortal flames
Humans seek to escape their chains
But never do so without a cost
And never realize that that dream is lost

Who are we to beckon the fate’s cruel hand
Who are we to loosen the bounds upon our soul
Who are we to fear the remnant truths ignored
Who are we to lay in torment, our nature unfit to console
Who are we to rise above, the wickedness prevails
Who are we to exist, when we’ve dug a very deep hole

All at once the ravens leave, offended by the scene
Of a world abundant and glorious, fouled by the human disease
Of greed, hatred, and war, memories of which now are just a stain
A world once green now so harsh gray, nothing beautiful remains